Army Education Services
8601 Zimborski Ave.
The Army Education Services Division’s mission is to provide adult continuing education programs and services for the Active and Reserve component personnel on and nearby Fort Meade. Adult family members, retirees and government civilians are eligible to participate.
Services include educational counseling and academic advising, Army Tuition Assistance to eligible personnel, the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Services testing program, Army personnel tests program and the multi-use learning facility.
Three college institutions—with branch offices located in the Army Education Services Division—offer post-secondary programs on Fort Meade. Representatives are on site daily.
• Anne Arundel Community College offers certificate and associate degree programs. Classes are held at Meade High School. For more information, call 410-672-2117.
• University of Maryland, University College offers upper-level undergraduate courses. Classes are held at Meade High School. For more information,call 301-621-9882.
• Central Michigan University offers graduate studies on Fort Meade. For more information, call 301-621-9796.
School Support Services & School Liaison
1900 Reece Road
301-677-1227 or 1177
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
School Support Services & School Liaison works under Child, Youth and School Services partnering with area school communities addressing educational issues involving children of military families.
By partnering with local, state and military communities, the school liaison is able to access a wide variety of resources to provide assistance with issues concerning student transition and educational needs.
The school liaison acts as a link between the installation and the surrounding school districts. School Support Services advocates for military families in a variety of areas within the school system to include home school and special-needs children.
Seven county public schools are located on Fort Meade. The schools are governed by the Anne Arundel County School administration and are not Department of Defense Dependent System schools.
Passing a school bus when it is stopped or reducing speed for the purpose of receiving or discharging passengers is prohibited. Vehicles must stop a full 10 feet to the front or rear of the school bus and remain stopped until the bus resumes motion or the flashing red lights are turned off.
Pre-Kindergarten & Kindergarten registration:
Children who live in Maryland and will be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1 are required to attend kindergarten and must register at their assigned school.
The pre-kindergarten program in Anne Arundel County public elementary schools selects 4-year-olds based on economic and education need. If applying due to economic need, proof of family income will be required.
When registering a child for pre-kindergarten or kindergarten, parents must bring the following:
• child’s original birth certificate or birth record
• copy of child’s immunization record
• two proofs of residency (rental agreement, current phone bill, etc.)
• school records (hand-carried records are accepted)
• Social Security card is requested but not required
If applying for pre-kindergarten due to economic need, verification of total combined household income (W-2 and 1040 statements with one current pay stub) is required. If these documents are not available, bring three current paycheck stubs for each person employed as well as documentation relating to any additional source of income (including child support, Temporary Cash Assistance and rental income). For more information, call the school liaison officer at 301-677-1227.
• West Meade Early Education Center
7722 Ray St.
Carole Janesko, Principal
• Manor View Elementary School
2900 MacArthur Road
Barry Gruber, Principal
• Meade Heights Elementary School
1925 Reece Road
Fax: 410-519-1277 www.aacps.org/aacps/mhes/index.htm
Susan Gallagher, Principal
• Pershing Hill Elementary School
Currently co-located with Meade Heights
Elementary until August
7600 29th Division Road
Kimberly Terry, Principal
• MacArthur Middle School
3500 Rockenbach Road
Eugene H. Whiting, Principal
• Meade Middle School
1103 26th St.
Christine DeGuzman, Principal
• Meade Senior High School
1100 Clark Road
John Yore, Principal
Off-Post Feeder Schools
• Brock Bridge Elementary School
405 Brock Bridge Road
Laurel, MD 20724
Stacy Gray, Principal
• Frank Hebron-Harman Elementary School
7660 Ridge Chapel Road
Hanover, MD 21076
Rebecca Blasingame-White, Principal
• Jessup Elementary School
2900 Elementary School Lane
Jessup, MD 20794
Anita Dempsey, Principal
• Maryland City Elementary School
3359 Crumpton South
Laurel, MD 20724
Laura Cooke, Principal
• Seven Oaks Elementary School
1905 Town Center Blvd.
Odenton, MD 21113
Denise Levitine, Principal
• Van Bokkelen Elementary School
1140 Reece Road
Severn, MD 21144
Selecia Hardy, Principal