“The long hours have fatigued our staff,” said Ray Wharton, Director of Emergency Services.
“Our guards have remained dedicated to the mission and maintained this up-tempo work schedule for over a year. They have also been on leave restriction this entire year,” said Wharton.
While current budget constraints may get tougher, we have to take care of our people and each other. Just as employees of Fort Detrick are committed to their work, leadership is dedicated to providing the safest possible work environment.
With this in mind, in order to support our active duty military, their families and our civilians, it has become necessary to close or modify the hours of operation for our gates beginning April 1, 2013.
There will be directional signs placed strategically on- and off-post to alert drivers of these changes. The installation has also been working closely with local law enforcement to ensure they are aware of these changes in order to alleviate any possible traffic delays.
FOREST GLEN ANNEX
- Linden Lane gate will be closed to incoming traffic. All employees and visitors will enter the installation through the Brookville gate, which will remain open 24 hours a day.
- Visitors and employees may exit at either the Brookville or Linden gates.
- The number of operational gates will be reduced.
- Opossumtown gate will be closed.
- Veterans gate will be open Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. only.
- Rosemont gate will continue to be open Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Old Farm gate will operate as the only 24-hour gate. Visitors to Fort Detrick will still enter through the Old Farm gate.
- Individuals with proper Department of Defense identification can enter either through the Rosemont, Veterans, or Old Farm gates.