U.S. Navy photo by Steven Kays
Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division Commander Rear Adm. Randy Mahr, left, and NAS Patuxent River Commanding Officer Capt. Ted Mills cut the ribbon for building 1405 on Sept. 13 signifying the completion of the building's renovations. The 6,300-square-foot facility was recently brought up to code after being in disrepair for many years. Originally brought to the Naval Air Test Center around 1959 to support McDonnell's F-4 program as the Phantom entered Navy flight testing, the building has been renovated into a new hybrid engineering facility capable of taking research and engineering through a full development cycle. There is complete engineering efficiency all under one roof, prototyping and engineering evaluations from the computer to a test article to the shop for systems integration.