Fair offers attendees Employment Support
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries is partnering with the Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce, the Virginia Wounded Warrior Program, and Congressman Rob Wittman's Office to present the Veteran's Employment Resource Fair on Tuesday, August 21. This free event is from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the University of Mary Washington Stafford Campus. The campus is located on 125 University Boulevard in Fredericksburg, Virginia, off Route 17.
Bill Janis, Deputy Commissioner Virginia Department of Veteran Services, will be keynote speaker. Congressman Rob Wittman will also be giving remarks to attendees.
Veterans and their spouses can participate in various workshops and visit with resource support providers. Attendees are encouraged to bring a copy of their resume. Some resources available at the event are:
- Opportunities to speak with employment professionals and employers
- On-the-spot veteran identification cards for ten dollars through DMV's Mobile Customer Service
- Resume writing workshops
- One-on-one resume critiques
- Mock interviews
- On-site McGuire VA Medical Center Mobile Healthcare Unit
- Wounded Warrior Mike Dailey's Drag Racer
For additional information on the Veteran's Employment Resource Fair, please visit, http://www.FredGoodwill.org/veterans.