Join Team Fort Detrick for Ride Your Bike To Work Day, May 18!
Fort Detrick is partnering with the City of Frederick and other local business in support of this annual event which encourages us to do something "SMART" for our bodies and our environment.
This is a recreational ride through the City Of Frederick. The "Loop" will begin at 6:45a.m. at Hood College's Alumnae Hall (Rosemont Avenue), winding past Fort Detrick and Frederick City, ending at the MARC Rail station located on East Street (Between E. Patrick Street and South Street) at approximately 7:30a.m..
Registration is easy! Visit http://www.biketoworkmetrodc.org. Under employer, enter US ARMY GARRISON, and select the "Pit Stop" at Frederick, MD
*** Important Reminders***
1. Fort Detrick riders who would like to ride the entire "loop", we will meet in the AAFES parking lot (Porter and Veterans) with our bikes, ready to ride at 6:20a.m.. As a group we will ride from Fort Detrick to Hood College Alumnae Hall to join with the rest of the "teams".
2. All riders on the Fort Detrick Installation MUST WEAR a bike helmet approved by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, and high visible shirt. Don't forget your federal id if you are returning to the the installation following the ride.
3. If you can't make our 6:20a.m. meeting time, the convoy will pick up Fort Detrick Riders at the intersection of Lee Place and 7th Street at approximately 6:50a.m. (depending on the actual start from Hood College), or anywhere along the following route:
Depart Alumnae Hall, Hood College at 6:45a.m.
- Exit onto Rosemont and head west
- Continue on Rosemont to Lee Place
- Turn right on Lee Place and continue north to 7th Street
- Pick Up Fort Riders at 7th Street and Lee Place
- Turn Right on 7th into the bike lanes and continue east to Bentz Street
- Turn Right on Bentz Street and continue south to 3rd Street
- Turn Left on 3rd Street and continue to Court.
- Turn right on Court and continue to City Hall arriving approximately 7:00-7:05a.m.
- Pick up City Hall riders and exit to Church Street, Continue on Church Street to East Street
- Turn Right on East Street and continue south to the MARC Station on right, arriving 7:15-7:20a.m.
For questions, contact the Fort Detrick "Team Captain" Patrick McKinney 301-619-3154.