Men and Women of the 11th Wing,
If the Wing meets certain goals this month, EVERYONE (military and civilian) will get May 11 as a day off, getting a 3 day weekend! For those required to work shifts that day, your commander/supervisor will give you a comp day off at some other time.
The goals are:
1. Pass your Fitness Assessment!
2. Score 90 percent or higher on your Fitness Assessment (or as high as possible)!
3. Complete performance reports on time!
4. No DUIs!
5. No major GOV vehicle accidents!
6. Write decorations in a timely manner!
While we've made every single one of these goals at least one month since starting this program (and most of them we make every single month), the one goal that keeps holding us back is the average PT test score. We're always just below 90 percent. PLEASE make sure that your Airmen are doing everything they can to get their scores as high as possible, as one horrible score is enough to really hurt our chances of making this goal.
Additionally, we simply can't have any DUIs. Last month we had two, which was shocking since we've gone most of the last year with zero.
Team, let's work together to make the Goal Day this month (and every month after that). Then we can all enjoy a much needed day off.
Following are the results for March and the actual goals. Let's do this!!
1. Fitness Assessment pass rate: 96.72 percent (90 percent or greater--Goal met)
2. Fitness Assessment average score: 89.03 percent (90 percent or greater--Goal busted)
3. 3.7 percent deployment discrepancy rate (Less than 4 percent Goal met)
4. Performance Reports: 2 30 days overdue, 0 60 days overdue (No more than 10 30 days late, 0 60 Days late--Goal met)
5. DUIs: 2 (0 DUIs--Goal busted)
6. Preventable GOV accidents: 0 (no accidents with greater than $2,000 damage--Goal met)
7. Community Events: 3 (2 event--Goal met)
8. Decorations: 1 signed past presentation (All decorations signed 5 days prior to departure--Goal busted)
--Col. Ken Rizer, 11th Wing/Joint Base Andrews commander